Use Your Favourite Apps To Video Call A Physio
1. Choose a consultation package.
2. Pick a date and a time that suit you.
3. Pay via Paypal (you can use your debit/credit card).
4. Share a video call with your physio to receive an online diagnosis.
5. Your physio sends you a written treatment plan with videos of exercises.
6. Ask questions via email for 2 weeks.
Sports Injury Physio was started by sports physiotherapist, Maryke Louw, with the aim to allow patients quick and affordable access to expert injury diagnosis and treatment advice.
Maryke qualified as a physiotherapist in 2003. She has an MSc in Sports Injury Management and is currently based at one of the UK’s leading centres for sports medicine. While Maryke is a specialist sports physiotherapist, she also treats a wide variety of regular injuries.
Have Your Injury Diagnosed Online!
How can Online Physiotherapy work - you're not touching me?
The truth is that most injuries can be self-treated as long as you have an accurate diagnosis. Massage and manipulations can make your pain feel better in the short run but they do not fix anything. The body heals itself as long as you provide the right combination of rest and exercise.
Think about it. Who treats your physio? I treat myself.
Why choose Sports Injury Physio?
Because at Sports Injury Physio I don’t just treat your symptoms, I address the cause of the injury. A core part of my treatment approach is to educate my patients.
If you know what you have injured, how the healing process works, and what caused your injury in the first place, you pretty much turn into your own therapist. You are then able to adapt your lifestyle and training to allow the injury to heal and prevent it from happening again.
I always aim to get you back to your normal life and activity as quickly as possible. I believe in active recovery – no unnecessary long periods of inactivity.
What are the benefits of an online physio consultation?
1. You have access to an experienced physiotherapist – not always easy to find.
2. Flexible consultation times.
3. Spending a lot of time travelling? You can have an online physiotherapy consultation (almost) anywhere in the world.
4. Your physio is in contact every week to find out how you are doing, progress your treatment plan and act as your conscience!
5. Online physiotherapy consultations are cost effective. Low overheads = low fees.
Does Sports Injury Physio only help people with sports injuries?
I have tried exercise before, but it did not work. Why will your treatment plan work?
An exercise programme can fail for several reasons:
– It was the wrong diagnosis and therefore the wrong exercises. At Sports Injury Physio we combine our years of experience in treating athletes with a detailed evaluation to provide you with a diagnosis.
– It was the wrong intensity or type of exercise for that stage of the healing process. At Sports Injury Physio we provide you with ongoing support and tweak your rehabilitation programme if it is required.
– You did not get a timely review or support throughout the programme. We are all different and what works for one person may have a totally different effect on the next. With Sports Injury Physio you have ongoing and convenient access to your physiotherapist and we encourage frequent communication between all parties. This way we can quickly identify if a certain exercise is not right for you and make appropriate adjustments.
– You did not follow a graded return to sport. Whilst we always aim to help you return to sport as soon as possible, it is very important to do this in a gradual manner. The physios at SIP have years of clinical experience in helping people return to sport in a safe and effective manner.